On March 23rd, 2010 RuPaul released his second remix album entitled "Drag Race". The album was available digitally via iTunes and other online retails and as a physical CD album exclusively through the RuPaul.com's now defunct "Ru-Tique". The CD came in cardsleeve packaging marking the first time a RuPaul album was released with this kind of packaging. (Previously this format was used as the packing for the RuMixes CD's for People Are People, Supermodel (You Better Work) '06, Cover Girl & Jealous Of My Boogie). With closure of the RuTique this CD is available through amazon.com as part of their "manufactured on demand" disc creation service.
The album has 14 tracks and features remixes from RuPaul's 2009 album "Champion", as well as the previously unreleased track "Hit The Floor". The track list is as follows:
1. Main Event (Matt Pop 80's Tribute)
2. Let's Turn the Night (Matt Moss' Vidon Remix)
3. Never Go Home Again (Matt Moss' Vidon Remix)
4. J.O.M.B.2.0. (feat. Tilly Key) (RevoLucian's Redux)
5. Destiny Is Mine (Matt Moss' Vidon Remix)
6. Hit the Floor (Matt Moss' Vidon Remix)
7. Champion (DJ BunJoe's Olympic Mix)
8. LadyBoy (DJ BunJoe's Bangkok Booty Mix)
9. Main Event (Joe Carrano's TKO Mix)
10. Let's Turn the Night (Matt Pop Bootleg Mix)
11. Never Go Home Again (Matt Pop Amsterdam Jam)
12. Main Event (Matt Pop 80's Tribute Extended)
13. Cover Girl (Macutchi's TaterZ DeeP Edit)
14. Main Event (Chris Thomas' Hi-NRG Mix)
All of the remixes were brand new to this collection with the exception of Cover Girl (Macutchi's TaterZ DeeP Edit) which has previously been available on "Cover Girl - The RuMixes" in it's unedited form.
Since the release of the album Matt Moss shared two remixes on youtube that were meant for this collection but didn't make it on. They are:
Destiny Is Mine (The Matt Moss 12" Mix)
Hit The Floor (Matt Moss 12" Extended Mix)
There weren't any single releases from the album, but some of the remixes were featured during the third season of RuPaul's Drag Race. "Main Event (Matt Pop 80's Tribute)" was featured at the end of each episode when the queens were exiting the runway as well as during the end credits, and "Champion (DJ BunJoe's Olympic Mix)" was used during the runway and in the finale this version of the song was used for the music video.
Champion (DJ Bunjoe's Olympic Mix) Music Video:
Don't have the album yet? Do yourself a favour and buy it: